Digital Marketing & SEO Services provider in India
Any person who has even a basic idea about search engine marketing techniques would be aware of broad techniques like on-page and off-page optimization, social media marketing, and the importance of having unique, engaging web content. However, there are several smaller yet really useful SEO methods, which are often not properly utilized by online marketers. An Expert of our SEO Company India has given some organic marketing tips, which can make your SEO endeavors all the more successful.
1. Meta Tag optimization: In the hustle-bustle of optimizing page content, not enough attention is placed on this factor. Any good SEO company in Kolkata would advise clients to create properly optimized (with at least one focus keyword) Meta titles and descriptions, for all the web pages. Smart Meta tags improve the chances of a website gaining greater visibility on the search engines.
2. Go for W3C Validation – You might have used a lot of complicated designing codes on your website, but are all of them valid? If not, the portion of the site that has errors would remain unaccessed by the search engine spiders. A professional search engine optimizer/seo expert can help you in the W3C validation process, and in rectifying the errors and warnings (if any).
3. Create properly customized 404 error pages – Even if you are pretty regular in your website maintenance tasks, the chances of a broken link cannot be completely ruled out. If a visitor happens to click on it, (s) he should never be led to a generic online ‘this webpage cannot be displayed’ message – which would project your business in an unfavorable light. That’s exactly why leading search engine optimization companies recommend having custom 404 error pages. People would automatically be redirected to them, if they click on a faulty link.
4. Manage your robots.txt file – If your website is already live and you are still working on it – it would be a folly to let the search engine ‘bots’ crawl the pages that are yet to be optimized. SEO India is in favor of putting the pages that are being worked upon under a ‘nofollow’ tag, in the robots.txt file. Letting search engines go through incomplete web pages can be detrimental for your SEO project.
5. Be smart while selecting keywords on which to work on – While handling the off-page optimization for any website, no good SEO company in India would start working on all the targeted keywords (there would probably be many of them) simultaneously. Instead, they would focus on improving the positions of the website for keywords which already feature in the top-10 results of Google, and the ones that are just outside the list (say, within the top 20). Working on a keyword for which the website languishes on the 20th page would be unduly time-consuming, and often, totally futile.
6. Use images and videos on web pages – No matter how informative the text content on your home page (and other pages) might be, readers are bound to be bored if there is no real visual appeal about it. Pictures related to the text content can ideally compliment the latter. Agencies involved in internet marketing in Kolkata also advise putting videos and infographics judiciously on the pages. Make sure that all the images have optimized <alt> tags.
7. Have detailed sitemaps (both XML and HTML) – Ease of navigation for visitors is one of the key factors that can bring down overall page bounce rates. Presence of a detailed HTML sitemap would help viewers to navigate the page/section of your website that they are interested in quickly and with ease. Updated search engine marketing companies are also all for having a XML sitemap as well, which would make it easier for the online ‘bots’ to go through every portion of the website (except the pages under the ‘nofollow’ tag mentioned in the robots file).
8. Put detailed contact information – While this is more important for ecommerce portals, a dedicated ‘Contact Us’ page should be present on every type of business website. You should ideally put the registered office address of your company, phone/fax numbers and email id(s) on the page. Providing such information goes a long way in bolstering your business credibility levels. Make sure that there are no errors in the provided information.
If you avail the services of the best SEO Company in the city, you will also be able to rest assured about having a fluid, device-optimized website. Constantly modifying/expanding the list of focus keywords is of the essence too, as is updating website content on a regular basis. Do not make the mistake of glossing over these important SEO tactics – your internet marketing efforts might remain unsuccessful as a result!
S.Das is SEO Expert from Kolkata, India, writes blogs on Digital Marketing & SEO Services since 2009.
Digital Marketing & SEO Services in India